There's nothing better than a quick, easy and healthy curry on a weeknight. This vegan chickpea and edamame curry from Judianne at Quick, Healthy Family Meals is packed full of plant-based proteins, ideal for vegans and clean eating!
Cook up the night before for a delicious leftover lunch the next day.
Our airtight Igluu meal prep containers are the ideal way to store your curry for the week ahead.
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 400g tin chickpeas
- One large onion
- Two garlic cloves
- One red chilli
- One thumb ginger
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- Fresh parsley/coriander
- Two large handfuls spinach
- One lime
- Two carrots
- 250g frozen shelled edamame
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in a large frying pan.
- Add powdered masala, cumin and coriander and cook on a medium heat.
- Add sliced onion, grated ginger and garlic to the pan then add the chopped and de-seeded chilli.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and coconut milk to the mix and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, uncovered.
- Chop your carrots while the ingredients simmer and add them into the pan.
- Add the frozen edamame and chickpeas. Leave to simmer for a further 8 minutes.
- Add two handfuls of spinach before serving, then add salt or lime to taste.