If you've got a spare pack of quinoa in the cupboard and some frozen prawns in the fridge, show them some love and cook up some sweet and spicy prawns like a leftover pro! Speaking of leftovers, make extras and pop a portion in the fridge in an Igluu meal prep container for a delicious lunch the next day - just like Sammy from Sammy's Kitchen did.
We recommend serving up with an easy salad and of course, more quinoa.
- 200g quinoa
- Chicken stock
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Uncooked prawns - frozen are fine!
- Chilli flakes
- 1 onion
- 2/3 of pre-cured chorizo
- 1 red pepper
- 6-8 mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- Half a bag of spinach
- Fresh coriander
- To make the quinoa, simmer the dried quinoa in the stock for around 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the butter and coconut oil into a wok. Add the garlic, prawns and chilli and cook on a medium heat. Cook the prawns until they're almost completely pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Slice the onion, chorizo, pepper and mushrooms and add to the pan. Fry for around 5 minutes to soften the veg.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the pan along with the chopped tomatoes. Mix in the paprika, oregano, mixed herbs and ketchup and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns back into the pan and simmer for three minutes. Season with pepper and salt.
- Pour in the spinach and fold in. Simmer until the spinach has wilted and serve with coriander.
If you're prepping ahead, pop your prawns into one half of a double compartment Igluu meal prep container and the quinoa into the second.