This yummy meat-free, low-carb bowl from Sammy's Kitchen is perfect for colder evenings when exercise may be a bit of a struggle! Pour some of your dish into a triple compartment Igluu meal prep container like Sammy to include as part of tomorrow's pack up...
- Garlic (½ - 1 clove depending on taste)
- 50g pine nuts
- Handful of basil
- 3 generous tbsps olive oil
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan (or a vegetarian / vegan alternative)
- 1 tin of butter beans (400g)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 heaped tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ a small pomegranate
- Add the garlic, pine nuts, basil, olive oil, half the lemon juice and salt and pepper to a blender and whizz until a smooth pesto-like consistency is reached
- Drain and rinse the butter beans and add them to a pan alongside the pesto and spinach
- Saute for around 2 minutes- until warm
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice into the plan and add more salt and pepper before serving
- Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds, add a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
Igluu meal prep containers can be purchased on our website.