Give this simple yet nourishing fish dish by Glutarama a try! These fish cakes are free from gluten, dairy and potato. They're great for either an on-the-day tea or a next-day lunch, kept fresh using high quality meal prep containers. We suggest Igluu meal prep trays!
- 1 tin of drained cannelloni beans (450g)
- 1 medium fennel bulb
- Green chilli (adapt to suit personal taste)
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 2 boneless fresh fish fillets
- 100g gluten free bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and pulse, whilst slowly adding the lime juice, until a desired consistency is reached (a teaspoon of gluten free plain flour can be added if the mixture is too sloppy!).
- Split the mixture into 4 equal-sized fish cakes.
- Place the fish cakes into the gluten-free bread crumbs (make sure all fish cakes are fully coated).
- For 4 ‘golden’ fish cakes, pan fry for 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fish cakes into the oven for 20 minutes to finish.