If you're looking for something light and easy for lunch or dinner, then this vegetarian-friendly stuffed mushroom recipe is perfect. It's ideal for the warmer months too!
Creamy goats cheese contrasts nicely with red onion to create a restaurant-style dish in minute. Throw in some pine nuts and some Greek yogurt for some extra good fats and protein. Sammy from Sammy's Kitchen makes this recipes for meat free days - why not give it a try?
- 1 large portobello mushroom
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp tarragon to taste
- 1 slice of brown bread
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 tsp Greek yogurt
- Goats cheese
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Chop off the stalk of the mushroom. Use a spoon to scrape away the gills of the mushroom so you have more room to stuff it. Place on a lined baking tray and put to one side.
- Chop the onion and garlic. Fry it in butter on a medium heat.
- Chop the bread into breadcrumbs, either with a knife or in a food processor. Sammy recommends a frozen slice of bread which you can then grate with a knife. Add to the pan and cook along with the tarragon.
- Squeeze the spinach into a tight bunch and finely slice it before adding it to the pan to wilt slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix the Greek yogurt with a drop of milk to form a cream-like consistency. Season with salt and pepper and mix into the pan.
- Spoon the stuffing into the mushroom and top with a sprinkling of goats cheese. Add the pine nuts and pop in the oven at 180°C (fan) for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted, the stuffing is crisping and the mushroom is tender. Serve on a bed of spinach.
Igluu meal prep containers are available to buy on our website or on Amazon.
Laissez un commentaire