Is there anything better than a hearty Italian dish after a busy day? Sammy's kitchen has created the perfect autumnal dinner (or lunch!) for lovers of carbs and simplicity. Add more veg for an extra boost of those all important vitamins! We recommend eating straight away, or popping an Igluu meal prep container full to the brim in the fridge for a few days.
Seasonal squash and sage risotto
- Makes 4 portions
- 1 small squash of your choice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 3 sage leaves or 2 tsp dried sage
- 300g arborio rice
- 1.5l stock
- Parmesan (or a vegetarian/vegan alternative!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (fan).
- Dice the squash, scooping out the seeds inside. Cut into chunks of around 1.5cm chunks. Pop into the oven and cover with oil.
- Cook for around 40 minutes or until soft and cooked around the edges.
- Finely slice the onions and add to a large pan with butter. Once bubbling, add whole, fresh sage leaves. Allow to bubble away while the onions soften.
- Once the onions are soft, take out the sage leaves and put to one side for later. Pour in the rice and stir to coat in the butter. Leave to cook for a few minutes until the edges of the rice are translucent.
- Add the stock, one ladle at a time. Stir continuously to make it extra creamy. After 25-30 mins, the liquid should be absorbed.
- Once the squash is ready, mash half of it and put the rest to one side. Add the mashed squash to the pan, along with the dried sage (or chop and add your fresh sage - or both).
- Season with black pepper and stir in the Parmesan. Serve with the rest of the squash and add extra Parmesan to taste.
Laissez un commentaire