No matter what your age, hidden veg is the best kind of veg! Especially the kind of veg that doesn't always taste the best but are packed full of vitamins and all that good stuff. Enter, beetroot. More specifically, delicious chocolate orange beetroot muffins from Quick, healthy family meals that taste just like red velvet cake - but without the calories and sugar.
Pop your muffins into a single Igluu container to enjoy throughout the week... if they last that long!
- 250g beetroot
- 2 oranges - zest and juice
- 215g Medjool dates
- 3 eggs
- 100g coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 75g cocoa powder
- Wrap the beetroot in foil and bake in the over at 180°C (fan) until soft - this should take between 60-90 minutes.
- De-seed the dates, pop in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover them.
- Peel, top and tail the beetroot then put them into the food processor with the orange zest and juice, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Drain the dates and add to the food processor. Blitz the mix until smooth.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Add the beetroot mix and stir gently until you get a smooth paste.
- Spoon the mixture into 12-15 muffin cases.
- Pop into the oven at 180°C (fan) for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
Igluu meal prep containers are available to buy on our website or on Amazon.
Laissez un commentaire