Pie is the perfect wintery weekend dish that can be packed full of your favourite protein and veg, and packed away in an Igluu meal prep container for lunches during the week!
This chicken, mushroom and asparagus pie from Judianne at Quick, Healthy Family Meals only takes 15 minutes to prep and you can easily get 6-8 portions from one pie. Replace the chicken with Quorn or tofu and the stock for vegetable stock to make it vegetarian or vegan friendly!
- Eight skinless, boneless chicken thighs or meat replacement
- 300g mushrooms
- 300g trimmed asparagus
- Two onions
- Three garlic cloves
- 1 tbs mixed, dried herbs
- 400-500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbs cornflour
- Two filo pastry sheets
- 2 x 1 tbs oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add sliced onion to the pan once hot.
- Add garlic.
- Cube the chicken and add as you go along, or your meat replacement.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and asparagus and add to the pan.
- Add the dried mixed herbs and saute for another minute before adding the stock.
- Mix 1 tbs cornflour with 2 tbs cold water and add to the simmering mix until the mixture thickens.
- Season to taste.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Scrunch up filo pastry sheets and layer on top.
- Drizzle with oil and cook for 20-25 minutes. Serve with rice or salad.