Summer is getting ever closer, which means warm nights and smoky gardens as everyone dusts off their barbecue and gets to work on some delicious outdoor cuisine!
Rebecca from Glutarama has devised the perfect gluten free BBQ pulled pork recipe that you can prep ahead, well before you need to fire up the grill.
- 1kg joint of pork
- 2 litres of Coca Cola
For the BBQ sauce
- 100g tomato puree
- 20g brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
To cook the pork
- Add the joint of pork to a slow cooker or a sturdy extra-large casserole dish and pour over the Coca Cola.
- Cook on a high heat if using a slow cooker, or 150c in the oven for at least five hours. When you can shred it with a fork, it's ready to come out!
- Drain the meat and liquid into a jug and skim off the fat.
To make the BBQ sauce
- Add the BBQ sauce ingredients to a jug and stir to combine into a paste.
- Once your pork is cooked and drained, add 250ml-300ml of the meat and Coca Cola liquid to the BBQ sauce and mix to combine.
To make the pulled pork
- Shred the meat with a fork and remove all the fat and excess meat that you don't want.
- Add the shredded meat back into the slow cooker or casserole dish and pour over the BBQ sauce, mix to combine.
- If using a slow cooker, leave the lid ajar for the last 30-40 minutes on a high heat, stirring occasionally. If returning to the oven, keep the lid sealed for 30 minutes.
Store your pulled pork in single compartment Igluu Meal Prep Containers and pop in the fridge. Heat the pulled pork in the oven when you're ready to eat!
Igluu meal prep containers are available to buy on our website.
Leave a comment