Post-gym snacks you can prep ahead
If there’s one thing that motivates a good workout, it’s the snack afterwards. We’re not talking about chocolate bars and crisps here, but refuelling food that’s still pretty delicious. Best of all, you can prep at home ahead of time to save money and ensure you’ve got an easy pick me up that you can grab straight from your gym bag.
We’ve put together a few of our favourite snacks that will go down a treat no matter what your fitness and health goals are!
Apricot cacao raw squares from Glutarama
- 200g dried prunes
- 100g gluten free oats
- 50g coconut oil
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g nut butter
- 1 tbsp carob or cocoa powder
For the apricot layer and chocolate topping…
- 200g dried apricots
- 30g coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 100g of 70 percent dark chocolate
- Add the base ingredients to a blender/food processor and whizz them up until they form a paste
- Press the prune mixture down firmly into a square brownie tin
- Repeat the blending process with the apricot layer ingredients, using the water to loosen the mixture
- Add this layer to the tin and smooth evenly to the edges
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the hob and smooth the melted chocolate over the top of the apricot layer
- Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Take out of the fridge and cut into 12 equal size squares. Pop into a single compartment Igluu meal prep container and back into the fridge to keep them fresh – grab and go!
Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats
Ingredients (one serving)
- Rolled oats
- Water, almond milk, soya milk, coconut milk… whichever you prefer!
- Greek yogurt
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 0-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 30g of cocoa powder or chocolate whey protein
- Mix the rolled oats, greek yoghurt and milk in a jar or bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients to taste before pouring the mixture into an Igluu meal prep container and chilling in the fridge overnight. Pop it into your bag and eat cold after your workout!
See our full rundown of the best overnight oat toppings here.
Simple chocolate protein pot from Sammy’s Kitchen
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
- 1/2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 6 raspberries
- 1 square 85 percent dark chocolate
- Mix the Greek yoghurt, whey protein and cacao powder together. Keep stirring until it all comes together
- Push the yogurt to one side of the bowl and put the raspberries in the empty side. Crush with the back of a spoon. Give it a quick mix but not too much, so you can still see some nice bright pieces of raspberries. Serve with a little chopped up chocolate
- Pop the mixture in a three compartment Igluu meal prep container and into the fridge for about half an hour to set slightly
Ginger bliss energy balls from Glutarama
- 100 g cashews
- 100 g dates
- 70 g ground almonds
- 70 g crystallised ginger
- 50 g coconut oil
- 40 g buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp carob flour
- 30g chocolate whey protein
- 100 g 85% dark chocolate to coat
- Pop all the ingredients in a blender – add the nuts first and whizz, then add the other ingredients
- Check that the mixture comes together by scooping out a teaspoon and squeeze into the palm of your hand
- Using a teaspoon, take walnut sizes clumps of mixture and roll into balls
- Once all the mixture has been balled, heat the chocolate in the microwave or on the hob – be careful not to burn it!
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and place on a piece of baking paper or on a non-stick mat
- Pop them in an Igluu container and into the fridge for at least 30 minutes – grab and go!