Courgette and spinach fritters
These easy fritters are perfect for prepping over the weekend and popping in an Igluu meal prep container to keep in the fridge for when you need a snack packed full of good carbs, a bit of protein and some vitamin K!
- 2 medium courgettes
- 90g spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 60g wholemeal flour
- 1 level tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt and 8 grinds pepper
- 50ml oil for frying
- Grate the courgettes finely and put in a bowl, mix in 1 tsp salt.
- Chop the onion finely and add to a separate bowl.
- Chop the spinach and add to the bowl with the onion.
- Put the courgette in a clean tea towel and wring out as much liquid as you can. Add to the other veggies.
- Add 1 tsp salt, eggs and the pepper.
- Pour the oil in a large frying pan and heat.
- In the bowl of veggies, add the flour, flaxseeds and baking powder. Mix well.
- Put 1 tbs of mixture into the hot oil.
- Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen roll and pack into an Igluu meal prep container for later!